We, over at Dr. Adkins office, hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last couple of years, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines someday soon. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
Since May 2020, we made several changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- We’ve added Air Purifiers to each operatory and the waiting room.
- We made changes to operatories by adding sliding doors in order to close off open spaces.
- Our team will continue to wear masks for your protection but masks are optional for patients upon arrival.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer items that may be difficult to clean and disinfect (such as the coffee bar).
We look forward to seeing you and we are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 505-293-6705 or visit our website at www.zacharyadkinsdental.com.
Thank you for being our patient, we value your trust and loyalty.
Dr. Zachary Adkins and Team